Businesses in Gillespie County and across the state will close their doors Thursday, Nov. 28, in to celebrate Thanksgiving.
On that day, Americans will gather for a day of giving thanks, food and football.
Some businesses will remain closed on Friday while others will be open or observing modified hours.
• Federal offices: Closed Thanksgiving. Some open the following day.
• State offices: Closed Wednesday through Friday. Closings vary by agency.
• County offices: Closed Thursday and Friday.
• City offices: Closed Thursday and Friday.
• Closed on Thursday. There will be no delivery on city, rural or highway contract routes on Thanksgiving Day.
The post office windows will be closed, and no lockbox service will be provided.
Regular schedules resume on Friday, Nov. 29.
• Trash collection: Regular trash collection schedules will be followed on Thursday.
• Recycling Center and Landfill: The Recycling Center and Solid Waste Facility will be closed on Thursday and Friday. The landfill will be open from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 30.
• The Fredericksburg Standard-Radio Post will be closed on Thursday and Friday.
The newspaper is being published on Tuesday, Nov. 26, instead of Wednesday, Nov. 27.
• All school systems in Fredericksburg and Gillespie County will be observing the Thanksgiving holidays.
The Fredericksburg Independent School District, Harper Independent School District, Doss Consolidated Common School District and Ambleside School of Fredericksburg are closed all week.
Heritage School will be closed Wednesday through Friday, while St. Mary’s School will have a half-day Tuesday and be closed Wednesday through Friday.