Nine in contention for peach queen, court
Nine local girls will run for the crown as the 2018 Stonewall Peach Queen.
The queen’s contest is among the events scheduled for the 57th annual Stonewall Peach JAMboree, set for Friday and Saturday, June 15-16.
Contestants and their parents include:
• Amy Ahrens, daughter of Douglas and Sandra Ahrens.
• Piper Carroll, daughter of Greg Carroll and Annette Pinson.
• Charis Bethany Coolidge, daughter of Curtis and Kami Coolidge.
• Kate Darsey, daughter of Rob and Amy Darsey.
• Julie Grimmer, daughter of Seth and Jennifer Grimmer.
• Karlie Nebgen, daughter of Greg and Shea Nebgen.
• Madison Schumann, daughter of Matthew and Kelly Schumann.
• Ja’nay Sharidee Settles, daughter of Arlene Settles.
• Kate Wenzel, daughter of George and Dawn Wenzel.
Coronation ceremonies begin at approximately 7:30 p.m. Saturday night.
The reigning Stonewall Peach Queen, Audrey Mills, will hand off the crown to her successor.
Outgoing duchesses are Madison Torrico, Kyra Mund and Marian Robles.
This year’s contestants will be introduced during a ceremony at 7:30 p.m. Friday, prior to the start of the rodeo.
The contestants are also set to ride on a float during the 10 a.m. parade Saturday.
A luncheon and private interviews hosted by Woodrose Winery and Event Center will follow.
Public interviews are scheduled for 3 p.m. at the JAMboree.
Serving as master of ceremonies is Creed Roberts.