FES sets back-to-school events
FES unveils registration requirements, school events
Classes will begin at Fredericksburg Elementary School (and other area public schools) on Monday, Aug. 22, and officials encourage parents new to the district to enroll their children as soon as possible.
To enroll, a parent should bring their child’s birth certificate, immunization record, Social Security card and the report card from the school last attended.
The registering parent will be asked for driver’s license or picture identification for proof of identity.
Immunizations required by the state for students entering school include the following:
• DPT — minimum of four with the last dose given after the fourth birthday;
• Polio — minimum of four unless the third dose was given after the fourth birthday;
• Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) — two required with the first given after the child’s first birthday;
• Hepatitis A — (Kindergarten to fourth grade) minimum of two doses. (First dose must be received on or after the first birthday.);
• Hepatitis B — series of three doses;
• HIB — one to four doses depending on the child’s age at the first immunization;
• Varicella — two doses after the first birthday for children in kindergarten, first, second, third and fourth grade; one dose for children in fifth grade unless the child has documentation of having had chicken pox.
Registration hours will be 8-11 a.m. and 1-3 p.m., Monday to Friday, at the FES office.
Due to district in-service, the office will be closed on Monday, Aug. 15.
Class lists for the upcoming school year will be released after 9 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 4.
Parents wishing to find out their child’s classroom, can call or stop by the school after 9 a.m., Aug. 4.
Office hours through Aug. 4 are from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. The office will be closed on Friday, Aug. 5.
‘Back to School’ event
FES’ “Back to School Celebration” will be Thursday, Aug. 18.
Parents with students in first or second grade will visit their child’s classroom from 5-6 p.m.
Parents with students in third, fourth or fifth grades will visit their child’s classroom from 6-7 p.m.
This event will allow parents the chance to meet with teachers, as well as representatives from the Parent Teacher Organization, Fredericksburg Academic Boosters, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, FISD Transportation and more.
Officials ask that siblings be monitored, as teachers have worked to prepare their classrooms for the new school year.
Assignment spirals (“Billie Planners”) for students in grades one through five will be available in the school office and will cost $3.
Those interested in joining the FES Campus Educational Improvement Committee for 2016-2017 school year are urged to apply.
They will meet approximately three to four times during the school year.
This committee is involved in campus planning for this school year. Those interested in serving as a parent, community or business member, contact the school office at 997-9595.