Several classes and a special travel presentation have been scheduled by Fredericksburg Independent School District’s Community Education program.
A special travel presentation will be Feb. 20 at the FISD Central Office Board Room, 234 Friendship Lane. Attendees are asked to RSVP.
For more information, contact Rachel Malinak at 830-997-7182, or email her at email@example.com.
Nashville and the Smoky Mountains Holiday
This eight-day trip will go from Dec. 6-13, and will cost $2,999 per person, double occupancy, and will include 11 meals.
• Grand Ole Opry Show; historic RCA Studio B;
• Country Music Hall of Fame, Gaylord Opryland Resort Dinner and Holiday Show, Great Smoky Mountains National Park;
• Dolly Parton’s Christmas Stampede and Dinner Show, Dollywood, Asheville, Baltimore Estate.
Washington, D.C., Niagra Falls and NYC
This will be a nine-day trip from Oct. 2-10, and will cost $2,999 per person, double occupancy, and includes 11 meals.
The cost will cover an air-inclusive tour package, which takes care of all air travel from home, to the destination and back. It also includes any inter-flights from city to city within the tour package.
Highlights of the trip include:
• U.S. Capitol Building Tour, World War II Memorial;
• Arlington National Cemetery, White House Visitor Center, Smithsonian Institution, choice on tour;
• Duquesne Incline;
• Niagra Falls Cruise;
• Corning Museum of Glass;
• 9/11 Memorial and Museum;
FISD Taxpayer Tours
The public is invited to the FISD Taxpayer Tours.
Tour time is 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and a lunch is optional for $4.25.
Tour dates are:
• Feb. 18 — Fredericksburg Elementary School; • May 5 — Central Office, Main
• May 5 — Central Office, Maintenance and Transportation;
Engineering with N.E.W. Y.O.U.
For National Engineers Week, Youth Outreach United is hosting an event for students in grades four-eight, on Saturday, Feb. 15 from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., at the FMS Cafeteria and Library, 110 W. Travis Street.
It will focus on the discovery and appreciation of engineering. Students will participate in engineering challenges, work in teams to accomplish tasks and learn about different types of engineering. At the end, students will take a 3D printed token home with them.
Instructors will be Andrew Matthes and the FHS Engineering students.
Cost is $29 for supplies, a shirt and snacks.
Beginners’ Fly Fishing
This class, for ages 10 and up, will teach participants about fly fishing.
Instructing the class is Mark Cole, a Texas Parks and Wildlife Department certified Fly Fishing Instructor who has been fly fishing for over 25 years.
Class will be from 6-8 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 25, in FHS Room 235. Cost is $25.