Garrison Brothers Distillery has been named the Best Craft Whiskey Distillery in the country in the USA Today’s “10 Best” awards.
To kick off the competition, USA Today editors asked a panel of American spirits experts to nominate 20 of the best craft whiskey distilleries in the United States.
Experts Emily Arden Wells (Gastronomista), Brian Christensen (Artisan Spirit Magazine), Liam Deegan (Barrel Proof), Laura Johnson (Distillerista) and Arthur Shapiro (Booze Business) were chosen based on their knowledge and experience of the American craft spirits industry.
The top 10 winners were determined by popular vote.
For the past month, readers have been voting daily for their favorites.
The top 10 winners in the category “Best Craft Whiskey Distillery” are as follows:
1. Garrison Brothers at Hye.
2. Balcones Distilling at Waco.
3. Nelson’s Green Brier Distillery in Nashville, Tennessee.
4. New Liberty Distillery, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
5. Triple Eight Distillery, Nantucket, Massachusetts.
6. Kings County Distillery, Brooklyn, New York.
7. Rogue Spirits, Newport, Oregon.
8. StilL 630, St. Louis, Missouri.
9. Bully Boy Distillers, Roxbury, Massachusetts.
10. Corsair Distillery, Nashville, Tennessee.
“We think we’re making the finest tasting, highest quality bourbon ever made and we have the reputation and science to back up this claim,” said proprietor Dan Garrison. “Winning the USA Today’s 10 Best Award was fun for our fans and followers.”
To learn more about the bourbon or to tour the distillery, visit garrisonbros.com.