FES announces important dates
Fredericksburg Elementary School is still enrolling new students for the upcoming school year that starts Monday, Aug. 13.
Fredericksburg Elementary School is located at 1608 N. Adams Street.
Registration hours are Monday through Friday from 8-11 a.m. and 1-3 p.m. at the Elementary School office. Due to district in-service, the office will be closed on Monday, Aug. 6.
In order to enroll, parents should bring their child’s birth certificate, immunization record, Social Security card and the report card from the school last attended.
Registering parents will be asked for a driver’s license or picture identification for proof of identity. They should also bring proof of residency such as a utility bill, rental agreement, etc.
Immunizations required by the state for students entering school include the following:
• DTaP/DT (Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis) — minimum of four with the last dose given on or after the fourth birthday;
• IPV (Polio) — minimum of four unless the third dose was given on or after the fourth birthday;
• MMR (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella) — two required with the first given on or after the child’s first birthday;
• Hepatitis A — (kindergarten through fourth grade) minimum of two doses. (First dose must be received on or after the first birthday.);
• Hepatitis B — series of three doses;
• Varicella (Chicken Pox) — two doses after the first birthday for children in kindergarten, first, second, third and fourth grade; one dose for children in fifth grade unless the child has documentation of having had chicken pox.
Class lists for the upcoming school year will be released on Friday, Aug. 3, after 9 a.m.
Parents can find out their child’s classroom location by calling 997-9595, or by stopping by the school after 9 a.m. on Aug. 3.
Office hours at FES are from 7-11 a.m. and 1-4 p.m.
Teacher assignments will not be released if proof of residency is not provided or registration has been completed.
“Meet the teacher” will be held on Wednesday, Aug. 8. Parents with students in second grade and third grade will visit their child’s classroom from 5-6 p.m.
Parents with students in grades four and five will be able to visit their child’s classroom from 6-7 p.m.
Parents will have the opportunity to meet with teachers, as well as representatives from the PTO, Fredericksburg Academic Boosters, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Fredericksburg Independent School District Transportation and more.
School officials asks that siblings be carefully monitored as teachers have diligently worked to prepare for the classroom for their students.
Assignment spirals (“Billie Planners”) for students in grades two to four will be available for $3 each.
Fredericksburg Elementary School is looking for individuals to serve on the Campus Educational Improvement committee for the 2018-2019 school year. The committee will meet approximately three to four times during the school year. This committee is involved in campus planning for this school year.
Anyone interested in serving as a parent, community or business member, should contact the school office at 997-9595.