The Texas Military Department will be in Fredericksburg Tuesday, May 5 to conduct COVID-19 testing.
Testing will be offered for symptomatic patients.
Details of the one-day testing operation will be announced this weekend, including time, location and how to register.
There will be no charge to be tested.
According to City of Fredericksburg officials, antibody tests will not be available on Tuesday.
Testing is also still available through Hill Country Memorial with a doctor’s recommendation.
Other precautions to prevent the spread of the virus include:
• Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer;
• Avoid touching the eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands;
• Avoid coming in contact with people who are sick;
• Stay home if sick;
• Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then wash hands;
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Minimizing exposure is important for those 65 and older or who have underlying heath conditions such as heart disease, lung disease, diabetes, high blood pressure or cancer.
For more information, visit dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus or contact Catherine Kuhlmann, Fredericksburg Fire EMS Infectious Disease Control Officer at 830-992-9218.