Business, offices close for Christmas
The upcoming New Year’s holiday will lead to several closings throughout Gillespie County.
Offices, buildings and other establishments will change hours or close on New Year’s Eve, Monday, Dec. 31, or New Year’s Day, Tuesday, Jan. 1.
Check local listings for more information on business closings.
• Federal offices: Closed New Year’s Day.
• State offices: Closed New Year’s Day.
• County offices: Closed New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day.
• City offices: Closed New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day.
• The post office closes at noon Monday, Dec. 31, and will close all day on New Year’s Day.
The post office windows will be closed, and no lockbox service will be provided.
Regular schedules resume on Wednesday, Jan. 2.
• Trash collection: Garbage will continue to be picked up as regularly scheduled.
• Recycling Center and Landfill: The Recycling Center and Solid Waste Facility will be closed on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day. The landfill will be open again Wednesday, Jan. 2.
• The Fredericksburg Standard-Radio Post will be closed Christmas Day.
Publication for the Jan. 2 issue of the newspaper will be scheduled for Jan. 3.
• All school systems in Fredericksburg and Gillespie County will remain closed through the week. The schedules of the schools vary:
• The Fredericksburg Independent School District and Doss Consolidated Common School District are closed through Friday, Jan. 4, and reopen Monday, Jan. 7.
• Harper Independent School District is closed through Thursday, Jan. 3. The district will have a comp day on Friday, Jan. 4, and a staff development/teacher workday on Monday, Jan. 7.
• St. Mary’s School is out through Friday, Jan. 4.
• Heritage School’s holiday break extends through Friday, Jan. 4, with a student holiday/teacher workday on Monday, Jan. 7.
• Ambleside School of Fredericksburg is out for through Tuesday, Jan. 1. Class resumes Wednesday, Jan. 2.