Nine girls seek 2017 fair queen title
A new Gillespie County Fair Queen and her court will be crowned on Friday night as part of the 128th Gillespie County Fair.
Nine girls are vying for the title of 2017 Gillespie County Fair Queen.
The pageant to crown the new queen and duchesses gets underway at 7 p.m. on Friday night in front of the grandstand at the Gillespie County Fair Grounds.
Contestants and their parents include:
• Autumn Adams, daughter of Carrie and Scott Boos.
• Peyton Cantu, daughter of Felicia and Fernando Cantu.
• Morgyn Granville, daughter of Michael and Danielle Granville.
• Ashley Hahn, daughter of Blaine and Marsha Hahn.
• Ashley Harris, daughter of Sam and Tammy Harris.
• Kamryn Manley, daughter of Cody and Kristal Peese.
• Marian Robles, daughter of Azucena and Josue Robles.
• JaNay Settles, daughter of Danny and Arlene Stephenson and Samuel Bell.
• Gladys Tamayo, daughter of Juana and Rafael Tamayo.
Serving as master of ceremonies for the pageant will be Leland Geistweidt.