Hoping to wear the crown
A new Gillespie County Fair Queen and her court will be crowned on Friday night as part of the 131st Gillespie County Fair.
Ten girls are vying for the title of 2020 Gillespie County Fair Queen.
The pageant to crown the new queen and duchesses gets underway at 7 p.m. on Friday night in front of the grandstand at the Gillespie County Fair Grounds.
Contestants and their parents include:
• Lauren Beyer, daughter of Barry and Heather Beyer.
• Brittley Bowers, daughter of Chip and Audri Bowers.
• Tatum Chenault, daughter of Marcus Compton and Angela Compton.
• Kelsey Curl, daughter of Kevin and Sharon Curl.
• Misty Danz, daughter of Dennis Danz and Robin Danz.
•Taylor DeLong, daughter of Lee and Sherrie DeLong.
• Vivian Monaco, daughter of Rachael and Ronnie Stotz.
• Ella Sanchez, daughter of Materno and Suzanna Sanchez.
• Kelsie Sifford, daughter of Terry and Tammie Sifford.
• Jade Whiting, daughter of Eric and Crystal Whiting.
Serving as master of ceremonies for the pageant will be Leland Geistweidt.
The reigning Gillespie County Fair Queen is Whitney Spaeth, daughter of Shawn and Brenda Spaeth.
Outgoing duchesses are Katelyn Meurer, daughter of Will Meurer; Trinity Chenault, daughter of Angela Compton and Marcus Compton, and Kayla Driver, daughter of Jana and Ricky Froehlich.
The fair this year is dedicated to honorary lifetime directors Dennis Behrends and Patrick Kunz.
Also honored are longtime volunteers Eldon Ray and Helen Feller and Edgar and Margaret Priess.
Along with the pageant on Friday night, the contestants will be riding in the parade on Friday morning on a float provided by Security State Bank and Trust.
Personal interviews with a panel of out-of-town judges will take place during the afternoon.
The queen’s contest is just one of the many highlights of the 131st Gillespie County Fair, which is sponsored by the Gillespie County Fair and Festivals Association.
In preparation for the queen’s contest, a rehearsal will be held at 7 p.m. tomorrow night, Thursday, at the fair grounds.
At least one parent is asked to attend the rehearsal.