Food Truck Festival to roll into Luckenbach June 23
The Fifth Annual Hill Country Food Truck Festival, featuring 16 food trucks, 14 Texas Hill Country wineries and a full day of live Texas music, will take place from noon until 9:30 p.m. Saturday, June 23, in Luckenbach Texas.
The event takes place rain or shine.
• Grounds admission tickets are $15 per adult and free for children 12 and under.
Tickets are available at www.luckenbachtexas.com and at the gate starting at 11 a.m. the day of the festival.
Approximately 13 regional food trucks will be selling lunch and dinner from noon to 8 p.m. (or until sold out).
Food trucks include:
• Dave’s Chilitown — hot dogs, Frito pies and chicken on a stick.
• Twisted Traditions — German Schnitzel, Brats and egg rolls.
• Fajita Rita’s — beef and chicken fajitas.
• Come & Get It Chuckwagon — pulled pork sandwiches, fish tacos and Philly cheese steaks.
• Berbere Ethiopian — lamb tacos, vegetarian and vegan options.
• Bustro Bistro — chicken and waffle sandwiches and farmers market salads.
• B Daddy’s BBQ — barbecue sandwiches, sausage wraps and barbecue nachos.
• Balu’s Kitchen — burrito bowl, mini tacos and quesadillas.
• Cousins Maine Lobster — lobster offerings.
• Wheelie Gourmet — Mediterranean gyros.
• Cheesy Jane’s — burgers, chicken sandwiches and truffle tots.
• Stout’s Pizza — pizza.
• Slider Provider — gourmet burger sliders.
Three dessert trucks include:
• Drakes Fun Foods — funnel cakes, fruit cups and snow cones.
• SaWeet Cupcakes — cupcakes.
• Mister Softee Ice Cream — soft serve cones, sundaes and banana splits.
The “Weingarten” will be open with approximately 14 Texas Hill Country wineries selling by the glass and bottle from noon to 8 p.m. (or until sold out).
Participating wineries include 4.0 Cellars, Becker Vineyards, Bending Branch Winery, Farmhouse Vineyards, Henly Vineyards, Kissing Tree Vineyard, Kuhlman Cellars, Landon Winery, Lost Draw Cellars, Messina Hof Winery, Stoneledge Vineyard, Texas Hills Vineyard, Texas Legato and Waco Winery.
Texas craft beers will be for sale all day and evening at the Luckenbach Texas bar.
Live Texas music will be featured throughout the day and evening from noon to 9:30 p.m. on the outdoor stage under the oaks.
The scheduled music lineup includes Cash’d Out, The Powell Brothers, Randall King, Vanessa Lyn Bird, Trent Turner, L&M Kings, 3 Dollar Bills, The Merles and The Golden Roses.
• This is a family-friendly event, and dogs on leashes are welcome.
• There will be seating under tents in the food truck area. Those attending are welcome to bring their own lawn chairs.
• There is free parking onsite.
Proceeds will benefit the Texas Center for Wine and Culinary Arts (TCWCA), an approximately 16,000 sq. ft. educational facility which will be built in Fredericksburg, the hub of the wine industry in the Texas Hill Country.
More information on the center at www.texascenterforwineandculinaryarts.com.
In addition to the TCWCA, event organizers include Luckenbach Texas, Texas Hill Country Wineries, the San Antonio Food Truck Association and the Fredericksburg Convention and Visitor Bureau.
Sponsors include Luckenbach Texas, the Texas Department of Agriculture, the City of Fredericksburg, the Fredericksburg Convention and Visitor Bureau, Class A Rentals and Hill Country Memorial Immediate Care Clinic.