Nine county employees start their new terms once they are seated at a swearing-in ceremony at 9 a.m., New Year’s Day at the Gillespie County Courthouse.
Oaths of office will be administered by County Judge Mark Stroeher and County Clerk Mary Lynn Rusche.
Officials to be sworn in include:
• County Judge Mark Stroeher;
• District Clerk Jan Davis;
• County Clerk Mary Lynn Rusche;
• County Treasurer Laura Lundquist;
• County Surveyor Carey Bonn;
• Precinct 2 Commissioner W.A. (Billy) Roeder;
• Precinct 4 Commissioner Donald (Donnie) Schuch;
• Precinct 1 Justice of the Peace J.D. Hickman;
• Precinct 2 Justice of the Peace Carl Schoessow.
With the exception of Hickmann, the other officials to be sworn in are incumbents.