Gillespie County taxpayers will receive property tax notices in the mail this week, as they were mailed out Tuesday, Oct. 14 by Gillespie County Tax Assessor-Collector Marissa Weinheimer.
Weinheimer said an estimated 36,742 statements were mailed.
Tax statements are due upon receipt, although taxpayers have until Jan. 31, 2015, to make the payment. Starting on Feb. 1, payments will have added penalties and interest fees.
Though the collection function may change to the Gillespie Central Appraisal District in the future, for now, the tax assessor-collector’s office collects for eight local taxing entities, including:
• The County of Gillespie;
• The City of Fredericksburg;
• Fredericksburg Independent School District;
• Doss Common Consolidated School District;
• Harper Independent School District;
• Stonewall Water Control and Improvement District;