Fredericksburg Chorale to begin rehearsals Aug. 18
Fredericksburg Chorale will begin rehearsals for the 2014-15 season on Monday, Aug. 18, at Bethany Lutheran Church.
Rehearsals are held every Monday from 7-8:30 p.m. in the church’s music room.
The Fredericksburg Chorale, under the direction of Mark Hierholzer, is open to all interested singers without audition.
Membership fees are $55 for adults and $25 for students for each semester, which run August through December and January through May.
Scholarships are available.
The Fredericksburg Chorale presents three concerts a year. Scheduled performances include a Christmas concert on Saturday, Dec. 6; the Mid-Winter Concert on Saturday, Feb. 7, and a Spring Concert on Saturday, May 16.
The chorale will begin working on music for the Christmas concert, including Bach’s Cantata, “For Unto Us A Child Is Born,” several Renaissance Christmas pieces and a Cantata based on “The First Noel” by Hierholzer.
Fredericksburg Chorale is dedicated to the rehearsal and performance of great works of the masters form the past as well as newly composed music, Hierholzer said.
The chorale is a non-profit organization.
For more information call the chorale office at 997-6869.
- Out of the shadows: Independent thriller ‘The Gift’ comes from nowhere to shine
- Gangsta rap biopic ‘Straight Outta Compton’ a compelling, worthy film
- Superhero movie ‘Fantastic Four’ falls flat on its cinematic face
- X Marks The Spot: Geocaching combines technology, treasure hunts
- ‘Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation’ packs on punches thanks to its leading man