Fredericksburg Chorale to begin rehearsals Aug. 18
Fredericksburg Chorale will begin rehearsals for the 2014-15 season on Monday, Aug. 18, at Bethany Lutheran Church.
Rehearsals are held every Monday from 7-8:30 p.m. in the church’s music room.
The Fredericksburg Chorale, under the direction of Mark Hierholzer, is open to all interested singers without audition.
Membership fees are $55 for adults and $25 for students for each semester, which run August through December and January through May.
Scholarships are available.
The Fredericksburg Chorale presents three concerts a year. Scheduled performances include a Christmas concert on Saturday, Dec. 6; the Mid-Winter Concert on Saturday, Feb. 7, and a Spring Concert on Saturday, May 16.
The chorale will begin working on music for the Christmas concert, including Bach’s Cantata, “For Unto Us A Child Is Born,” several Renaissance Christmas pieces and a Cantata based on “The First Noel” by Hierholzer.
Fredericksburg Chorale is dedicated to the rehearsal and performance of great works of the masters form the past as well as newly composed music, Hierholzer said.
The chorale is a non-profit organization.
For more information call the chorale office at 997-6869.
- 'Exodus' lacks both gods, kings in Hollywood's latest Biblical epic
- Area stores show creativity in Christmas decorations
- Redmayne transforms as famed physicist in 'Theory of Everything"
- 'Horrible Bosses 2' fails to live up to standard set by original film
- 'Hunger Games' sequel saved by its 'Mockingjay'