Taylor Reid named All-Star, All-State runner
Harper High School senior Taylor Reid has recently been awarded two track and field honors for her accomplishments during the recent competitive season.
She was included in the lists of both the top 15 All-Star and All-State selections in the 1A, 2A and 3A divisions as determined by the Texas Girls Coaches Association's Track Committee in the 1A, 2A and 3A division.
Harper won the girls' Region IV 1A championship earlier this year, with Reid helping the Ladyhorns finish first in both the 200-meter and 400-meter relays (with teammates Sydney Collins, Payton Reid and Megan Myers). The girls won the 4x200-meter event in a time of 1:47.17, a school record.
Members of the Ladyhorns' team, including Reid, recently advanced to the UIL state championship meet at the University of Texas at Austin where the 4x200-meter runners finished in fourth place.
- Billie boys soccer season ends in regional finals
- FHS boys advance to state tourney after second place finish at regionals
- Seven varsity netter prepare for regional tourney next week
- Ladyhorns dominate district standings with pair over victories
- Harper baseball splits pair of loop victories last week