Blankets and Blues at Barons CreekSide slated Sunday
Six blues bands will be taking the stage on Sunday, May 4, at the Blankets and Blues event from 4-11 p.m. at Barons CreekSide.
Daniel Meyer will host his third open-air music festival, and those attending are encouraged to pack their blankets and lawn chairs and bring the entire family.
There will be food at Bejas’ food truck, wine from Santamaria Winery and beer from Pedernales Brewery.
In addition, guests are welcome to pack a picnic and bring their own beverages.
Admission is a voluntary contribution to underwrite the costs of the bands.
Headlining the event will be the Hill Country’s Jay Boy Adams and three-time Grammy Award-winning Zenobia from Albuquerque, N,M.
Jay Boy Adams, Zenobia and their full band will celebrate the release of their new CD titled, “How Long How Long.”
For more on this story, read this week’s print and online editions of the Fredericksburg Standard-Radio Post. If you are a print subscriber, your full online subscription is free. All you need to do is call 830-997-2155 to get a password. If you are not a subscriber, call 997-2155 or click on the ‘Subscribe’ button on the left side of the home page and sign up today!
- 'Exodus' lacks both gods, kings in Hollywood's latest Biblical epic
- Area stores show creativity in Christmas decorations
- Redmayne transforms as famed physicist in 'Theory of Everything"
- 'Horrible Bosses 2' fails to live up to standard set by original film
- 'Hunger Games' sequel saved by its 'Mockingjay'