Dog park group seeking artists for event
The Fredericksburg Dog Park Association is seeking artists to share in its first formal fundraiser, “The Designer Doghouse Art Walk Auction.”
Local builders have constructed over 50 miniature doghouses (10”x10” maximum).
“Each doghouse is unique and is in need of decorating,” an association spokesperson said. “Artists are invited to add their own creativity to one or more doghouses using materials of their choosing.”
Beginning June 27, the decorated doghouses will be auctioned off in the 13 local First Friday Art Walk galleries and on eBay.
Participating galleries include Agave Gallery, Artisans at Rocky Hill, Charles Beckendorf Gallery, Cowboy Bronze & Fine Art Gallery, Fredericksburg Art Gallery, Fredericksburg Art Guild, InSight Gallery, Larry Jackson Antiques, River Rustic, R.S. Hanna Gallery, Dan Pfeiffer Gallery, the Gallery at Vaudeville, and the Whistle Pik Galleries.
For more on this story, read this week’s print and online editions of the Fredericksburg Standard-Radio Post. If you are a print subscriber, your full online subscription is free. All you need to do is call 830-997-2155 to get a password. If you are not a subscriber, call 997-2155 or click on the ‘Subscribe’ button on the left side of the home page and sign up today!
- Out of the shadows: Independent thriller ‘The Gift’ comes from nowhere to shine
- Gangsta rap biopic ‘Straight Outta Compton’ a compelling, worthy film
- Superhero movie ‘Fantastic Four’ falls flat on its cinematic face
- X Marks The Spot: Geocaching combines technology, treasure hunts
- ‘Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation’ packs on punches thanks to its leading man