Netters to send nine to regionals next week
By Lisa Treiber-Walter —
The countdown is on for nine players on the Fredericksburg High School varsity tennis team who qualified for regional play next week.
Matches are scheduled Wednesday and Thursday, April 16-17, at the HEB Tennis Center in Corpus Christi.
Competing will be: district champs, Sitman Wainright/Parker Phillips, and second-place winners, Josh Tree/Jake Pluenneke, in boys’ doubles; district champs, Grace Igarta/Myra Powell, in girls’ doubles; runners-up Matt Bain/Allison Vaughn, in mixed doubles, and district champ, Hannah Boubel, in girls’ singles.
“We continue to practice and prepare for regionals, trying to keep the kids sharp and fine-tune a few things, as well,” said FHS Coach Randall King.
For more on this story, read this week’s print and online editions of the Fredericksburg Standard-Radio Post. If you are a print subscriber, your full online subscription is free. All you need to do is call 830-997-2155 to get a password. If you are not a subscriber, call 997-2155 or click on the ‘Subscribe’ button on the left side of the home page and sign up today!
- Billie boys soccer season ends in regional finals
- FHS boys advance to state tourney after second place finish at regionals
- Seven varsity netter prepare for regional tourney next week
- Ladyhorns dominate district standings with pair over victories
- Harper baseball splits pair of loop victories last week