In the hunt: wins keep postseason hopes alive for Billies
Two big victories — including a rally to edge district leader Bandera in a rain-delayed game on Saturday — have kept the Fredericksburg High School varsity softball team in the middle of the playoff race with three games left in the regular season.
Last night, Fredericksburg fell at Boerne 5-2 after defeating Bandera 9-7 Saturday and Canyon Lake 8-5 Friday night.
While complete district standings were unavailable as of press time, the Billies are within one game of district leaders Bandera and Navarro.
Boerne 5, FHS 2
Leading 2-1 until the bottom of the sixth, a four-run inning for the Greyhounds sealed Fredericksburg’s fate in a 5-2 road loss at Boerne Tuesday night.
For more on this story, read this week’s print and online editions of the Fredericksburg Standard-Radio Post. If you are a print subscriber, your full online subscription is free. All you need to do is call 830-997-2155 to get a password. If you are not a subscriber, call 997-2155 or click on the ‘Subscribe’ button on the left side of the home page and sign up today!
- Billie boys soccer season ends in regional finals
- FHS boys advance to state tourney after second place finish at regionals
- Seven varsity netter prepare for regional tourney next week
- Ladyhorns dominate district standings with pair over victories
- Harper baseball splits pair of loop victories last week