Billies rally late to edge Boerne
A crucial come-from-behind victory over fifth-ranked Boerne Friday night for the Fredericksburg High School varsity baseball team was marred by a pair of losses this week.
FHS fell at Boerne 15-1 on Thursday before a late rally on Friday gave them a 9-8 win over the Greyhounds at home. Last night, Fredericksburg fell at home to Navarro 7-4.
The Billies will travel to Navarro Friday night before hosting Wimberley on Tuesday. Both games are slated for a 7 p.m. first pitch.
Navarro 7, FHS 4
Allowing four unearned runs in the second inning, the Billies were unable to rally from an early deficit and fell 7-5 at home Tuesday night to Navarro.
For more on this story, read this week’s print and online editions of the Fredericksburg Standard-Radio Post. If you are a print subscriber, your full online subscription is free. All you need to do is call 830-997-2155 to get a password. If you are not a subscriber, call 997-2155 or click on the ‘Subscribe’ button on the left side of the home page and sign up today!
- Billie boys soccer season ends in regional finals
- FHS boys advance to state tourney after second place finish at regionals
- Seven varsity netter prepare for regional tourney next week
- Ladyhorns dominate district standings with pair over victories
- Harper baseball splits pair of loop victories last week