Parents invited to observe at FPS, register students during roundup
Fredericksburg Primary School is inviting the parents of four- and five-year-olds to visit the campus to check out its operations and then return later to register their children for next year.
Prospective students’ parents may observe pre-kindergarten and kindergarten classes “in action” from 8:30-10 a.m. on April 1-2.
They are then encouraged to return the week of April 21-25 to sign up their children for classes. Registration will take place during school hours (7:30 a.m. until 4 p.m.) at the campus, 1110 South Adams Street.
Pre-K is for any child who reaches his or her fourth birthday on or before Sept. 1, 2014, is limited English proficient and/or qualifies for the Free/Reduced Lunch program (based on household income,) economically disadvantaged, homeless, active military families or a child who has been under foster care.
Kindergarten is for any child who reaches his or her fifth birthday on or before Sept. 1, 2014.
All children must be potty trained.
Parents should bring in the required original documents to complete the signup process.
Needed are: a certified birth certificate (hospital copy will not be accepted,) child’s immunization records and the child’s Social Security card.
Proof of income for pre-kindergarten only will be requested on Aug. 1, 2014.
The state requires the following immunizations for student enrollment:
• DPT — minimum of four doses required with the last dose given after the fourth birthday.
• Polio — minimum of four unless third dose was on or after the fourth birthday.
• MMR — two required with the first given after the first birthday.
• HIB — one to four required depending on the child’s age at the initial dose.
• Hepatitis B — series of three required.
• Varicella — one dose for entry to Pre-K. Must be after the first birthday unless there is a signed document that the child has had chicken pox.
• Varicella — two doses for entry to kindergarten. Must be after the first birthday, unless there is a signed document that the child has had chicken pox.
• Hepatitis A — series consists of two vaccines six months apart. Enrollment and attendance is allowed if series has been started and is not delinquent.
• Prevnar — Pre-K students only.
Due to state immunization requirements, the school cannot accept partially completed enrollment packets. All required paperwork and immunizations must be current and completed prior to submission at Fredericksburg Primary School.
For more information, call 997-7421.