Heritage track competes at Harper meet
By Danny Hirt
Three number one positions were posted by the Heritage High School’s various track and field squads during Thursday’s annual Harper Longhorn Relays.
Chad Johnson captured the top spot in both the high jump (6’2”) and the 100 meter hurdles (14.3”). Meanwhile, Jamie Hoermann of the Heritage JV girls’ team bested the field in the pole vaulting event with a height of 7’6”.
“This was the most competitive meet of the season for us — lots of schools with really good athletes,” said Heritage head coach Brad Sultemeier. “It was very good for us to see and experience, and Harper always runs off a good meet.”
For more on this story, read this week’s print and online editions of the Fredericksburg Standard-Radio Post. If you are a print subscriber, your full online subscription is free. All you need to do is call 830-997-2155 to get a password. If you are not a subscriber, call 997-2155 or click on the ‘Subscribe’ button on the left side of the home page and sign up today!
- Billie boys soccer season ends in regional finals
- FHS boys advance to state tourney after second place finish at regionals
- Seven varsity netter prepare for regional tourney next week
- Ladyhorns dominate district standings with pair over victories
- Harper baseball splits pair of loop victories last week