Golfers compete at home invitational
The final day of the two-day Fredericksburg High School (FHS) Invitational golf tournament is keeping links crowded today, March 26, at the Lady Bird Johnson Municipal Golf Course.
Players teed off at 9 a.m. this morning in competition among varsity and junior varsity boys’ divisions.
Yesterday’s rounds featured the varsity girls’ competition.
Sonora’s squad took first place, with a score of 331, while Fredericksburg’s team shot a 351 for a second-place tie with San Antonio Clark — which it beat in a team playoff for the second-place honor.
For more on this story, read this week’s print and online editions of the Fredericksburg Standard-Radio Post. If you are a print subscriber, your full online subscription is free. All you need to do is call 830-997-2155 to get a password. If you are not a subscriber, call 997-2155 or click on the ‘Subscribe’ button on the left side of the home page and sign up today!
- Billie boys soccer season ends in regional finals
- FHS boys advance to state tourney after second place finish at regionals
- Seven varsity netter prepare for regional tourney next week
- Ladyhorns dominate district standings with pair over victories
- Harper baseball splits pair of loop victories last week