Bethany Church to celebrate 127th anniversary on Sunday
Bethany Lutheran Church will celebrate its 127th anniversary Sunday, March 23, with a performance by the New Braunfels Village Brass Band and a German-themed lunch.
The band’s performance will feature German and Austrian hymns and songs at 10:30 a.m. in the church’s sanctuary, located one block north of Main Street at 110 West Austin Street (across from Marktplatz.)
The 35-piece group will lead the entire worship service and will begin playing prelude music around 10:15 a.m. More information on the musicians is available at www.nbvbb.org.
Also, at 10:25 a.m., “Agape Road” (Bethany’s praise team) will lead a praise and worship service in the church’s Fellowship Hall.
A community dine-in or carry-out German lunch will be served at 11:45 a.m. Tickets are $9 per plate and proceeds will benefit Bethany’s youth ministries. Advanced tickets may be purchased or reserved at the church office or by calling 997-2069.
During the anniversary festivities, the confirmation class of 1964 will be recognized and honored.
More information about Bethany Lutheran Church is online at the website: www.bethanyfredericksburg.org.
- 'Exodus' lacks both gods, kings in Hollywood's latest Biblical epic
- Area stores show creativity in Christmas decorations
- Redmayne transforms as famed physicist in 'Theory of Everything"
- 'Horrible Bosses 2' fails to live up to standard set by original film
- 'Hunger Games' sequel saved by its 'Mockingjay'