Ladyhorns to open district softball play Friday against Medina
By Danny Hirt —
Harper’s varsity softball team split its last two games, losing a March 5 game at Wimberley by an 11-1 margin, then bouncing back on Friday to defeat Johnson City 10-0 at home.
The Ladyhorns will open their district schedule this Friday when Medina comes to town. First pitch is slated for 6 p.m.
No junior varsity contest will be played.
Harper 10, Johnson City 0
Courtney Ahrns got Harper off to a good start Friday with a two-run homer to straight away centerfield in the Ladyhorns’ 10-0 home win over Johnson City.
Leading 2-0, HHS added another five runs in the third (all with two outs) and three more in the fourth.
For more on this story, read this week’s print and online editions of the Fredericksburg Standard-Radio Post. If you are a print subscriber, your full online subscription is free. All you need to do is call 830-997-2155 to get a password. If you are not a subscriber, call 997-2155 or click on the ‘Subscribe’ button on the left side of the home page and sign up today!
- Billie boys soccer season ends in regional finals
- FHS boys advance to state tourney after second place finish at regionals
- Seven varsity netter prepare for regional tourney next week
- Ladyhorns dominate district standings with pair over victories
- Harper baseball splits pair of loop victories last week