Heritage to run at Harper
By Danny Hirt —
The varsity track teams from Heritage School took home fifth and seventh place finishes in the boys’ and girls’ divisions, respectively, from Thursday’s meet held at Comfort High School.
Meanwhile, the JV boys captured fifth in their division and the JV girls ended in sixth.
Savannah Morrow took the top spot in the girls’ varsity pole vault with a mark of eight feet even.
On the JV girls’ side, Lindsey Pressler took first in several events — 100-meter hurdles (18.8), shot put (29’0.5”) and discus throw (93’3.5”). Joining her in winning an event was Cameron Gunter who took first place in the pole vault with a height of 7’6”.
Parker Given took first place in the JV boys’ 800-meter run in a time of 2:12.18.
Up next for the Eagles will be the Harper Longhorn Relays slated for Thursday, March 20.
For more on this story, read this week’s print and online editions of the Fredericksburg Standard-Radio Post. If you are a print subscriber, your full online subscription is free. All you need to do is call 830-997-2155 to get a password. If you are not a subscriber, call 997-2155 or click on the ‘Subscribe’ button on the left side of the home page and sign up today!
- Billie boys soccer season ends in regional finals
- FHS boys advance to state tourney after second place finish at regionals
- Seven varsity netter prepare for regional tourney next week
- Ladyhorns dominate district standings with pair over victories
- Harper baseball splits pair of loop victories last week