Eyes on the prize: FHS to open district softball play Tuesday
With the pre-district schedule all but behind them, the Fredericksburg High School varsity softball team will set their sights on a District 27-3A championship beginning Tuesday night as the Billies travel to Canyon Lake for a 7 p.m. first pitch.
Fredericksburg will also head to the San Marcos tournament on Friday.
Over the weekend, the Billies finished in third place at their home tournament.
In Thursday pool play, the Billies defeated Comfort 15-5 and Hondo 6-3 before falling to Llano 11-9.
“We came out hitting the ball well and run-ruled Comfort,” head coach Mitchel Etzel said. “We gave up several runs late working on different pitches, but Macalah Jenschke got the win and Camry Weinheimer homered.”
For more on this story, read this week’s print and online editions of the Fredericksburg Standard-Radio Post. If you are a print subscriber, your full online subscription is free. All you need to do is call 830-997-2155 to get a password. If you are not a subscriber, call 997-2155 or click on the ‘Subscribe’ button on the left side of the home page and sign up today!
- Billie boys soccer season ends in regional finals
- FHS boys advance to state tourney after second place finish at regionals
- Seven varsity netter prepare for regional tourney next week
- Ladyhorns dominate district standings with pair over victories
- Harper baseball splits pair of loop victories last week