Harper softball splits four at tourney
By Danny Hirt —
After opening the Blanco softball tournament with a couple of Thursday losses (5-2 to Comfort and 8-3 to Johnson City), the Ladyhorns from Harper High School rebounded to pick up two victories.
Following a 10-4 win over Canyon Lake later on Thursday, Harper topped Ingram 15-0.
Tuesday night’s home game with Wimberley was moved to Thursday due to inclement weather. The junior varsity teams will square off at 5 p.m., followed by varsity action at 7 p.m.
The Ladyhorns will remain home Friday to host Johnson City, with the JVs playing at 5 p.m. and the varsity teams matching up at 7 p.m.
For more on this story, read this week’s print and online editions of the Fredericksburg Standard-Radio Post. If you are a print subscriber, your full online subscription is free. All you need to do is call 830-997-2155 to get a password. If you are not a subscriber, call 997-2155 or click on the ‘Subscribe’ button on the left side of the home page and sign up today!
- Billie boys soccer season ends in regional finals
- FHS boys advance to state tourney after second place finish at regionals
- Seven varsity netter prepare for regional tourney next week
- Ladyhorns dominate district standings with pair over victories
- Harper baseball splits pair of loop victories last week