Harper boys fall in area playoffs
By Danny Hirt —
District 27-1A champion Harper High School got off to a slow start and never recovered, dropping a 60-39 decision to Thorndale in the area round of the UIL Region IV basketball playoffs Friday.
The contest was played at Marble Falls.
The Longhorns finished the 2013-14 campaign with a 20-12 record.
Thorndale faced District 25 first place finisher Mumford Tuesday night in the third round of the playoffs. Results were not known as of today’s press time.
Thorndale 60, Harper 39
Trailing 15-10 by the end of the opening quarter, Harper fell behind by nine points at halftime, 27-18, in losing 60-39 to Thorndale.
Although the Longhorns mounted something of a comeback in the third, their plans went awry in the final eight minutes when Thorndale outscored Harper by a 16-4 margin to secure the victory.
For more on this story, read this week’s print and online editions of the Fredericksburg Standard-Radio Post. If you are a print subscriber, your full online subscription is free. All you need to do is call 830-997-2155 to get a password. If you are not a subscriber, call 997-2155 or click on the ‘Subscribe’ button on the left side of the home page and sign up today!
- Billie boys soccer season ends in regional finals
- FHS boys advance to state tourney after second place finish at regionals
- Seven varsity netter prepare for regional tourney next week
- Ladyhorns dominate district standings with pair over victories
- Harper baseball splits pair of loop victories last week