Longhorns to face Thorndale at area
By Danny Hirt—
With its 51-29 victory at Mason Wednesday night, the Harper High School’s boys’ basketball team picked up the District 27-1A title, taking with it the first round bye.
The Longhorns (9-1, 20-10) won’t see action until later in the week when they face Thorndale, who defeated Somerville 74-31 in bi-district action played last night.
Area round playoff information was not available as of press time.
Harper 51, Mason 29
A strong opening by Harper helped the Longhorns grab a 51-29 decision at Mason last Wednesday evening and sew up first place in the District 27-1A standings.
For more on this story, read this week’s print and online editions of the Fredericksburg Standard-Radio Post. If you are a print subscriber, your full online subscription is free. All you need to do is call 830-997-2155 to get a password. If you are not a subscriber, call 997-2155 or click on the ‘Subscribe’ button on the left side of the home page and sign up today!
- Billie boys soccer season ends in regional finals
- FHS boys advance to state tourney after second place finish at regionals
- Seven varsity netter prepare for regional tourney next week
- Ladyhorns dominate district standings with pair over victories
- Harper baseball splits pair of loop victories last week