Lady Eagles fly past McAllen 43-24 to claim bi-district championship
By Danny Hirt —
With strong defense added to a quick offensive style, Heritage School’s girls’ basketball team defeated McAllen South Texas Christian Academy Monday night, 48-24, in the bi-district round of the TAPPS 1A playoffs.
The Lady Eagles (17-4) will now head to Brownsville on Saturday to face Brownsville First Baptist School (19-2). Tipoff time has not yet been determined.
Heritage 48, McAllen Christian Academy 24
Heritage’s “dynamic duo” — Kami Jones and Christina Harpold — combined to score 38 of the Lady Eagles’ 48 points in Monday’s bi-district round victory over McAllen South Texas Christian Academy.
For more on this story, read this week’s print and online editions of the Fredericksburg Standard-Radio Post. If you are a print subscriber, your full online subscription is free. All you need to do is call 830-997-2155 to get a password. If you are not a subscriber, call 997-2155 or click on the ‘Subscribe’ button on the left side of the home page and sign up today!
- Billie boys soccer season ends in regional finals
- FHS boys advance to state tourney after second place finish at regionals
- Seven varsity netter prepare for regional tourney next week
- Ladyhorns dominate district standings with pair over victories
- Harper baseball splits pair of loop victories last week