Breaking news: Fredericksburg, Harper to move in UIL realignment
By Matt Ward —
Changes are coming for both Fredericksburg and Harper high schools following the announcement of the 2014-16 football and basketball districts by the University Interscholastic League.
As expected, Fredericksburg jumped from Class 3A to Class 4A, while Harper moved from Class 1A to Class 2A as most schools across the state changed classifications with the addition of Class 6A, which separates six-man football teams into a new Class 1A.
Battlin’ Billie football fans will see a pair of new district opponents as they join Class 4A’s District 14-DI along with Bandera, Boerne, Canyon Lake, Liberty Hill and Taylor.
For basketball, FHS has been placed in District 29-4A along with Bandera, Boerne, Devine, Hondo and Lytle.
Meanwhile, Harper football will be in Class 2A’s District 14-DI along with Brackettville Brackett, Center Point, Johnson City, Junction, Mason and Sabinal.
Longhorn basketball will be in District 27-2A along with Center Point, Johnson City, Junction, Mason and San Saba.
A full breakdown on today’s UIL realignment will be in Wednesday’s edition of the Fredericksburg Standard-Radio Post.
- Billie boys soccer season ends in regional finals
- FHS boys advance to state tourney after second place finish at regionals
- Seven varsity netter prepare for regional tourney next week
- Ladyhorns dominate district standings with pair over victories
- Harper baseball splits pair of loop victories last week