Girls' soccer opens season
After scrimmaging Our Lady of the Hills on Jan. 7, the Fredericksburg High School varsity girls soccer team competed in the Jan. 10-11 Marble Falls tournament, taking one game out of four.
The Billies will compete in the Edgewood Girls Tournament Jan. 17-18 and then against Memorial on Tuesday, Jan. 21.
Last night, Fredericksburg fell at Canyon Lake 3-0.
At the Marble Falls tournament over the weekend, FHS lost to Marble Falls 4-0, then fell to Port Neches Grove 3-0, lost to Salado 1-0 and then defeated Marble Falls JV 3-0.
“We played hard but only have three starters returning,” head coach John Brock said. “We are still trying to figure out the puzzle.”
For more on this story, read this week’s print and online editions of the Fredericksburg Standard-Radio Post. If you are a print subscriber, your full online subscription is free. All you need to do is call 830-997-2155 to get a password. If you are not a subscriber, call 997-2155 or click on the ‘Subscribe’ button on the left side of the home page and sign up today!
- Billie boys soccer season ends in regional finals
- FHS boys advance to state tourney after second place finish at regionals
- Seven varsity netter prepare for regional tourney next week
- Ladyhorns dominate district standings with pair over victories
- Harper baseball splits pair of loop victories last week