Black-eyed pea, cornbread cookoff set
Torre di Pietra Vineyards will host the 8th Annual Black-Eyed Pea and Cornbread Cookoff from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Wednesday, Jan. 1, at the vineyard.
The vineyard, located on U.S. Highway 290 East outside of Fredericksburg, will also host The Almost Patsy Cline Band for the event. The band will take the stage at 1 p.m. and will continue entertaining until 5 p.m.
For more on this story, read this week’s print and online editions of the Fredericksburg Standard-Radio Post. If you are a print subscriber, your full online subscription is free. All you need to do is call 830-997-2155 to get a password. If you are not a subscriber, call 997-2155 or click on the ‘Subscribe’ button on the left side of the home page and sign up today!
- 'Exodus' lacks both gods, kings in Hollywood's latest Biblical epic
- Area stores show creativity in Christmas decorations
- Redmayne transforms as famed physicist in 'Theory of Everything"
- 'Horrible Bosses 2' fails to live up to standard set by original film
- 'Hunger Games' sequel saved by its 'Mockingjay'