Harper boys defeat Leakey 60-45
By Danny Hirt —
Following a fourth place finish in their own tournament last week, the Harper Longhorn boys’ varsity basketball team won Tuesday night at home against Leakey, 60-45.
The ’Horns will next participate in this weekend’s tournament at Sonora, then stay on the road Monday to take on Blanco. The game is scheduled to tip off at 6:30 p.m., following a junior varsity contest.
Harper 60, Leakey 45
The Longhorns broke open a close game in the fourth quarter, outscoring Leakey 17-6 during that eight-minute span, to come away with a 60-45 victory.
Guy Stevenson knocked down 19 points to head up the Harper effort. He also led the team in rebounds with eight, assists with six and steals with three.
Other double-digit scoring came from Jayden Baumann and Carson McKnight who chipped in 10 apiece.
For more on this story, read this week’s print and online editions of the Fredericksburg Standard-Radio Post. If you are a print subscriber, your full online subscription is free. All you need to do is call 830-997-2155 to get a password. If you are not a subscriber, call 997-2155 or click on the ‘Subscribe’ button on the left side of the home page and sign up today!
- Billie boys soccer season ends in regional finals
- FHS boys advance to state tourney after second place finish at regionals
- Seven varsity netter prepare for regional tourney next week
- Ladyhorns dominate district standings with pair over victories
- Harper baseball splits pair of loop victories last week