Harper youth livestock show Dec. 14
The annual Harper Livestock Show is scheduled for Saturday, Dec. 14, at the show barn on the Harper Independent School District campus, beginning at 9 a.m.
Check-in and weigh-in time for all entries will be from 4-7 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 13, for all participating 4-H and FFA members.
A total of 143 animals have been entered in this year’s show, which is about 27 entries fewer than last year’s endeavor. The listing of animals for this year’s judging is as follows: 47 swine, 16 angoras, 1 heifer, 20 lambs, 47 goats, 11 steers and 1 breeding sheep.
Eligible exhibitors will include members of Harper FFA, Harper 4-H and Doss 4-H or students enrolled in Harper ISD from first through 12th grades and who are a member of a 4-H club.
The event is sponsored by the Harper Stock Show Committee, the Harper High School Agriculture Department and the Gillespie County AgriLife Extension agents.
There is no admission charge and the public is invited to come out and watch these youths get a jump on the 2014 showing season.
A concession stand will be on site selling breakfast tacos, pork barbecue sandwiches and other foods.
- Out of the shadows: Independent thriller ‘The Gift’ comes from nowhere to shine
- Gangsta rap biopic ‘Straight Outta Compton’ a compelling, worthy film
- Superhero movie ‘Fantastic Four’ falls flat on its cinematic face
- X Marks The Spot: Geocaching combines technology, treasure hunts
- ‘Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation’ packs on punches thanks to its leading man