Golden Hub to offer Thanksgiving meal
The Golden Hub Community Center is hosting a Thanksgiving meal on Thursday, Nov. 28, from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at 1009 North Lincoln Street.
Kelly Musselman, Golden Hub volunteer, said they will offer “food, fun and fellowship” to anyone who wishes to join them for the holiday.
She added, “We hope those who would otherwise spend the day alone will join us for a hot Thanksgiving meal with all the trimmings and some friendly conversation.”
The event is open to anyone of any age.
Turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, dressing and drinks will be provided, and diners are asked to bring a side dish, vegetable, salad or dessert, if desired.
To make reservations, call 997-7131.
The Golden Hub is a non-profit organization that manages the local Meals on Wheels program, which serves disabled and homebound seniors with a hot, daily, delivered meal.
The center is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
People of any age are welcome to come to eat lunch at the Hub, as well as participate in activities held there.
- 'Exodus' lacks both gods, kings in Hollywood's latest Biblical epic
- Area stores show creativity in Christmas decorations
- Redmayne transforms as famed physicist in 'Theory of Everything"
- 'Horrible Bosses 2' fails to live up to standard set by original film
- 'Hunger Games' sequel saved by its 'Mockingjay'