Deadline now Friday for business decorating contest
The deadline to participate in the 2013 Storefront Christmas Decorating Contest has been extended to Friday, Nov. 29.
Theme for this year’s contests is “Home For The Holidays.”
Business owners throughout Fredericksburg are encouraged to “deck the halls” with an emphasis on bright and colorful Christmas lights.
The Mayor’s Christmas Committee will award cash prizes to the top four winners that best represent the theme.
Judging by a group of out-of-town judges will take place on Saturday, Nov. 30.
City of Fredericksburg Mayor Jeryl Hoover and his group will notify the contest winners the first week of December.
Entry forms can be picked up at the Fredericksburg Visitor Information Center on Austin Street. Cost is $20 per entry.
Entries should be turned in to the front desk at the Fredericksburg Visitor Information Center.
For more information, contact Janie Kennedy at 997-4522 or Maggie McInnis at 998-4243.
- 'Exodus' lacks both gods, kings in Hollywood's latest Biblical epic
- Area stores show creativity in Christmas decorations
- Redmayne transforms as famed physicist in 'Theory of Everything"
- 'Horrible Bosses 2' fails to live up to standard set by original film
- 'Hunger Games' sequel saved by its 'Mockingjay'