Harper girls win hoops season opener
By Danny Hirt —
Behind double-digit scoring from Sarah Whitten and Logan White — who netted 13 and 12 points, respectively — the Harper High School girls’ varsity basketball team opened the 2013-14 season with a 54-26 victory over Ingram at home Tuesday evening.
The Ladyhorns will travel to Ozona on Saturday for their next encounter. The junior varsity teams will face off at 2 p.m., followed by the varsity game.
From there, Harper will visit Llano on Tuesday, Nov. 19, with the JVs locking up at 5 p.m., while the varsity teams play at 6:15 p.m.
Harper 54, Ingram 26
Harper shook off a relatively slow start, gaining momentum along the way, as it disposed of visiting Ingram Tuesday evening by a 54-26 margin.
White helped lead the way with nine rebounds.
For more on this story, read this week’s print and online editions of the Fredericksburg Standard-Radio Post. If you are a print subscriber, your full online subscription is free. All you need to do is call 830-997-2155 to get a password. If you are not a subscriber, call 997-2155 or click on the ‘Subscribe’ button on the left side of the home page and sign up today!
- Billie boys soccer season ends in regional finals
- FHS boys advance to state tourney after second place finish at regionals
- Seven varsity netter prepare for regional tourney next week
- Ladyhorns dominate district standings with pair over victories
- Harper baseball splits pair of loop victories last week