Ninth-ranked Harper volleyball remains unbeaten
By Danny Hirt —
Maintaining their #9 standing in the state according to the most recent 1A poll from the Texas Girls Coaches Association, the Harper Ladyhorns kept their district record unblemished at 8-0 following two more victories during the past week.
First, Harper outlasted Leakey in five games at home on Friday, Oct. 18. Although they dropped the first game of the match by a 22-25 score, the Ladyhorns responded by taking the next two contests 25-21 and 25-22.
HHS tasted defeat in the fourth game, 20-25, but prevailed in the final contest by a 15-6 margin to take the match.
Harper had an easier time last night by topping visiting Utopia in three contests, 25-12, 25-12 and 25-6.
The Ladyhorns’ next match will held at Junction on Friday, Oct. 25. The two junior varsity squads — “Green” and “White” — will both play at 4 p.m. while the varsity match is slated for 5 p.m.
The final regular season match-up finds Harper traveling to Medina on Tuesday, Oct. 29. The JVs will face-off at 5 p.m., followed by the varsity match at 6 p.m.
- Billie boys soccer season ends in regional finals
- FHS boys advance to state tourney after second place finish at regionals
- Seven varsity netter prepare for regional tourney next week
- Ladyhorns dominate district standings with pair over victories
- Harper baseball splits pair of loop victories last week