Market to offer the 'alternative'
Memorial Presbyterian Church to host annual event Nov. 9 supporting human dignity, social justice more
This year’s Alternative Gift Market at Memorial Presbyterian Church will be held at the church fellowship hall, 601 N. Milam St., from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 9.
The community is invited to attend.
All proceeds from the market will go to support organizations that promote human dignity, social justice and make a difference in individuals’ lives. All undesignated funds go to Presbyterian Disaster Assistance.
“Many of the vendors from previous years will return,”
said a spokesman for the market, “and new ones bring a fresh look to the variety of gifts that please the most discerning shoppers. There’s something for everyone.”
For the rest of this story, read this week’s print and online editions of the Fredericksburg Standard-Radio Post. If you are a print subscriber, your full online subscription is free. All you need to do is call 830-997-2155 to get a password. If you are not a subscriber, call 997-2155 or click on the ‘Subscribe’ button on the left side of the home page and sign up today!
- 'Exodus' lacks both gods, kings in Hollywood's latest Biblical epic
- Area stores show creativity in Christmas decorations
- Redmayne transforms as famed physicist in 'Theory of Everything"
- 'Horrible Bosses 2' fails to live up to standard set by original film
- 'Hunger Games' sequel saved by its 'Mockingjay'