Vogel earns People’s Choice in Der FotoKlub annual show
Club member Susan Vogel was named the People’s Choice Award winner by Der FotoKlub of Fredericksburg — the local photography club — as it ended its annual month-long juried exhibition and sale on Sept. 30.
Vogel’s winning photo was titled “Autumn on the Guadalupe.” It garnered the majority of votes cast by visitors during the exhibit held at the Fredericksburg Winery on East Main Street.
Each club member was permitted to submit five photographs for consideration by judge Anne Bradley who was, until recently, owner of Artisans at Rocky Hill gallery. Her nine years of experience working with fine Hill Country artists and craftsmen gave her the expertise and critical eye to select photographs for inclusion in the show.
Der FotoKlub of Fredericksburg was founded in 2004. It was established to promote and encourage the interest and knowledge of photography and camaraderie with other photographers.
For the rest of this story, read this week’s print and online editions of the Fredericksburg Standard-Radio Post. If you are a print subscriber, your full online subscription is free. All you need to do is call 830-997-2155 to get a password. If you are not a subscriber, call 997-2155 or click on the ‘Subscribe’ button on the left side of the home page and sign up today!
- Out of the shadows: Independent thriller ‘The Gift’ comes from nowhere to shine
- Gangsta rap biopic ‘Straight Outta Compton’ a compelling, worthy film
- Superhero movie ‘Fantastic Four’ falls flat on its cinematic face
- X Marks The Spot: Geocaching combines technology, treasure hunts
- ‘Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation’ packs on punches thanks to its leading man