Tour of historic country schools set Saturday
Three historic country schools in Gillespie County will be open for tours Saturday, Oct. 12, from 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
The event, sponsored by the Friends of Gillespie Country Country Schools, is free, although participants are invited to pack a picnic lunch. Refreshments will be available.
Among the schools to be visited are Nebgen, Junction and Williams Creek (Albert).
Docents will narrate what life was like, and visitors will be able to view displays of student desks, old readers and books.
Driving maps are available at the Fredericksburg Visitors Center at 302 East Austin Street.
For more information, visit www.historicschools.org or call either 830-997-2763 or 830-644-2651.
- 'Secret of the Tomb' helps viewers bid farewell to Robin Williams
- 'Exodus' lacks both gods, kings in Hollywood's latest Biblical epic
- Area stores show creativity in Christmas decorations
- Redmayne transforms as famed physicist in 'Theory of Everything"
- 'Horrible Bosses 2' fails to live up to standard set by original film