‘Dialogues & Dances’ due Saturday
“Dialogues and Dances,” an improvised concert sponsored by the Fredericksburg Chorale, will be held Saturday, Oct. 12.
The 7 p.m. performance will be held at the Hill Country University Center, 2818 U.S. Highway 290 East.
Dialogues and Dances concerts are held on the second Saturday of each month and are led by the Fredericksburg Chorale’s director, Mark Hierholzer.
They are free and open to the public. Donations are accepted.
The concerts feature instrumental, vocal and choral performances, as well as poetry by area artists. Piano solos, guitar and accordion solo works are featured along with vocal pieces and other instrumental work.
The Dialogues and Dances concerts feature both new works and works of the past. Improvisation is a common feature and the concerts are informal. Those who show up with work to demonstrate are encouraged to do so.
Dialogues and Dances are a natural part of the Fredericksburg Chorale’s mission to promote new work as well as works by the masters of the past and to encourage thought-provoking works of music and words.
- Out of the shadows: Independent thriller ‘The Gift’ comes from nowhere to shine
- Gangsta rap biopic ‘Straight Outta Compton’ a compelling, worthy film
- Superhero movie ‘Fantastic Four’ falls flat on its cinematic face
- X Marks The Spot: Geocaching combines technology, treasure hunts
- ‘Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation’ packs on punches thanks to its leading man