Harper cross country wins at UTSA meet
By Danny Hirt —
Harper placed three runners in the top five to storm its way to first place in the 1-A varsity girls’ division of the Richard Romo Cross Country Classic held Saturday, Sept. 21, on the campus of the University of Texas at San Antonio.
The Ladyhorns won their division at last year’s meet, as well.
Sydney Collins clocked in at 13:20 for third place, with Hope Dillon coming in fourth (13:25) and Payton Reid taking fifth (13:27).
Meanwhile, the boys’ team took sixth place, with Drew Stracke taking 10th position in a time of 19:08.
“There were a lot of positives and momentum built as we head toward the end of September,” said HHS head coach Will Reid.
The Longhorn squads will participate in action Saturday, Sept. 28, at Fredericksburg High School.
For more on this story, read this week’s print and online editions of the Fredericksburg Standard-Radio Post. If you are a print subscriber, your full online subscription is free. All you need to do is call 830-997-2155 to get a password. If you are not a subscriber, call 997-2155 or click on the ‘Subscribe’ button on the left side of the home page and sign up today!
- Billie boys soccer season ends in regional finals
- FHS boys advance to state tourney after second place finish at regionals
- Seven varsity netter prepare for regional tourney next week
- Ladyhorns dominate district standings with pair over victories
- Harper baseball splits pair of loop victories last week