FHS to host cross country meet Saturday
By Richard Zowie —
Fredericksburg High School fans won’t have to drive far this weekend to cheer on their favorite cross country teams.
That’s because the Saturday, Sept. 28 meet will be the Fredericksburg Invitational at Lady Bird Johnson Municipal Park, southwest of Fredericksburg on State Highway 16.
Besides FHS, cross country teams from Fredericksburg Middle School, Harper Junior High School and Harper High School will also be among schools competing.
The junior varsity boys will begin running at 8:30 a.m., then the varsity boys at 9 a.m., the JV girls at 9:30 a.m., the varsity girls at 10 a.m., seventh graders at 10:30 a.m. and then eighth graders at 11 a.m.
For more on this story, read this week’s print and online editions of the Fredericksburg Standard-Radio Post. If you are a print subscriber, your full online subscription is free. All you need to do is call 830-997-2155 to get a password. If you are not a subscriber, call 997-2155 or click on the ‘Subscribe’ button on the left side of the home page and sign up today!
- Billie boys soccer season ends in regional finals
- FHS boys advance to state tourney after second place finish at regionals
- Seven varsity netter prepare for regional tourney next week
- Ladyhorns dominate district standings with pair over victories
- Harper baseball splits pair of loop victories last week