Ready, set, shop...
The 10th Annual Shopping for a Cause FUNdraiser will visit Fredericksburg Friday and Saturday, Sept. 13-14.
Friday will be the preview parties at participating stores with the stores open until about 7-8 p.m.
Saturday will be the tournament day with an 8:30 a.m. Tee Time Breakfast at the Nimitz Ballroom, located on Main Street.
Then, at 10 a.m. Saturday, the shopping begins with a shotgun start at participating stores.
There will be three drop-off stations downtown.
The event supports the Boys & Girls Club of Fredericksburg, whereby teams of up to four shoppers shop at participating stores on Main Street and receive prizes based on the amount of money spent, team spirit/costumes (costumes are encouraged) and the amount directly donated to the Boys & Girls Club.
The club provides a safe environment for kids and teens of both genders to learn and grow while having fun.
“Those in the club are instilled with a sense of belonging, a sense of usefulness, a sense of influence and a sense of competence,” according to a spokesman for the club.
For more on this story, read this week’s print and online editions of the Fredericksburg Standard-Radio Post. If you are a print subscriber, your full online subscription is free. All you need to do is call 830-997-2155 to get a password. If you are not a subscriber, call 997-2155 or click on the ‘Subscribe’ button on the left side of the home page and sign up today!
- Out of the shadows: Independent thriller ‘The Gift’ comes from nowhere to shine
- Gangsta rap biopic ‘Straight Outta Compton’ a compelling, worthy film
- Superhero movie ‘Fantastic Four’ falls flat on its cinematic face
- X Marks The Spot: Geocaching combines technology, treasure hunts
- ‘Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation’ packs on punches thanks to its leading man