Billie volleyball falls to Liberty Hill
By Matt Ward —
In an intense match between two of the top 20 teams in Class 3A, the 18th ranked Fredericksburg High School varsity volleyball team came up just short at home Tuesday night, falling in five sets to 13th ranked Liberty Hill, 25-21, 22-25, 16-25, 25-22, 13-15.
On Friday night, the Billies defeated Lampasas 25-16, 25-18, 25-13 at home to earn FHS head coach Jason Roemer his 250th career victory.
The Billies will enjoy an open date this Friday before travelling to Burnet for a 6:30 p.m. match on Tuesday.
Liberty Hill loss
Despite playing at less than full strength, the Billies took 13th ranked Liberty Hill down to the wire Tuesday night before falling in five sets 25-21, 22-25, 16-25, 25-22, 13-15.
“What an absolute great match! Even though we came up a bit short, it was a great environment that we learned a lot from,” Roemer said. “I feel like we learned a lot about ourselves tonight and it prepared us for district competition.”
Middle blockers Ali Doucet and Adrianna Hartmann combined for 36 kills and six blocks to lead the FHS attack in the loss.
- Billie boys soccer season ends in regional finals
- FHS boys advance to state tourney after second place finish at regionals
- Seven varsity netter prepare for regional tourney next week
- Ladyhorns dominate district standings with pair over victories
- Harper baseball splits pair of loop victories last week