Heritage football defeats Atonement 52-7
By Danny Hirt —
The Eagles wasted little time in establishing their game plan against visiting San Antonio The Atonement as Heritage School posted a 52-7 home victory on opening night of its 2013 six-man football season.
On the strength of two first quarter touchdown runs by Joe Meek, the Eagles built up a 28-7 lead at halftime, then outscored the visiting Crusaders 24-0 in the third period to take a 52-7 lead and end the game there under the 45-point “mercy” rule.
The Eagles will continue their early-season home schedule Friday, Sept. 6, when San Antonio FEAST comes to town for a 7:30 p.m. contest at the Eagles’ Nest on the Heritage campus.
“I thought we played well tonight considering it was our first game and there seemed to be the typical first game jitters and distractions,” said Heritage head coach Tim Shipman. “I was very pleased with our ball security. Tackling was better than I expected. I liked our attitude and ‘take care of business’ approach.”
- Billie boys soccer season ends in regional finals
- FHS boys advance to state tourney after second place finish at regionals
- Seven varsity netter prepare for regional tourney next week
- Ladyhorns dominate district standings with pair over victories
- Harper baseball splits pair of loop victories last week