Girl Scouts registration to be held Thursday
For young ladies in the area who would like to become Girl Scouts, the next available date and place to sign up will be Thursday, Sept. 5 from 5:30-7 p.m. at the Fredericksburg Scout House at 202 West Austin Street.
Prospective Girl Scouts and their parents can attend the Troop Formation Rally and receive an overview of the Girl Scout program which focuses on building girls of courage, character and confidence.
Girls can share experiences together when they meet regularly with their friends in a troop setting.
Organizers believe that “Everything’s more fun when you’re sharing it with others who love the same thing.”
Yearly registration is $15 for GSUSA membership. Scholarships are available. Troop dues are generally $25 for the year. Uniforms are not mandatory but highly recommended. Girls Guide to Girl Scouting badge books can be purchased but are not mandatory as each troop leader has a copy for the troop to use.
The troop also needs parents, grandparents, and guardians to be troop leaders, co-leaders, assistant leaders and troop volunteers.
Girl Scouts will provide training and support.
For more information contact Shannon Rhodes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Out of the shadows: Independent thriller ‘The Gift’ comes from nowhere to shine
- Gangsta rap biopic ‘Straight Outta Compton’ a compelling, worthy film
- Superhero movie ‘Fantastic Four’ falls flat on its cinematic face
- X Marks The Spot: Geocaching combines technology, treasure hunts
- ‘Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation’ packs on punches thanks to its leading man